Sunday, October 9, 2011

test hike #2

Mt. Si, North Bend, WA.  Today.  Total hike time was 2:15 minutes.  The trip up (4 miles) took me 1 hour and 27 minutes.   Rainy morning.  I left Seattle in the dark, around 6 AM.   Returned home shortly after 10 AM.    

My body surprised me; I was not expecting to move as quickly as I did.  A weakness I identified last summer during climbing is my speed.  The type of training I did led me to develop reliable endurance.  I would like to be a rope leader next season.  If I am to share responsibility for the safety of inexperienced climbers, I want to be able to move faster than I currently do while carrying more weight than I did last season (in the event I need to carry someone else's weight, participate in a rescue, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment