Sunday, May 29, 2011

sunburn-free

Second trip of the year up to Camp Muir.  Overcast, snowy day.  At base camp, the clouds shifted and we got a fleeting partial view of Rainier.   Despite consistent cloud coverage, it was very bright on the mountain.  We were treated to gentle snowflakes most of the way up; at about the halfway point during our descent the snow started falling much heavier and visibility was significantly reduced.  Round trip 7 hours, including a couple of 20-30 minute breaks.
Saturday, May 28.  Me. Jenee. Nathan. Kirsten. Deb.
















One of the other groups hiking to Muir hauled up a keg of beer on a red sled.


















We were able to glissade part of the way down from Panorama Point.  Such a treat after the long hike.  Lately, I've been thinking that my fitness has more to do with my yoga practice than my 'training' regimen.  I was out of town for two weeks this month for a yoga teacher training.  This last trip up to Muir was the first training hike I have done in three weeks.  I feel the best I ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment