Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mt. Si


Saturday 2 April.  Me, Leigh, Kirsten, Nathan.  2 hours up, 1.25 down.  We moved quickly that morning.  I carried my pack with slightly less weight than the Mailbox hike, and felt noticeably less stiff and sore the next day.  Snow was on the trail at around the 2 mile mark - fortunately, it was snowing while we were on the mountain, and the fresh snow provided traction against the ice beneath.  I read on the Washington Trails website that a person needed to be rescued off the trail the day after our hike because they became immobile after slipping on the ice.   The sky was grey at the top, we decided against the haystack scramble.  
It was a quick morning hike - Si is my preferred training hike -I can complete the entire eight miles round trip with approximately 4,000 feet elevation gain, and commute to/from North Bend, in less than six hours.  




No comments:

Post a Comment